A quick way to automate manual tasks
Tasks include executing batch files or shell scripts, FTP commands, sending email, executing SQL and much more. Oddjob is for Developers, Testers, Support Analysts, Administrators and anyone else that spends too much of their day on repetitive tasks. Oddjob saves you time so you can spend it on the fun stuff again. Oddjob is free and open source.
Oddjob is a quick way to automate manual tasks. Tasks include executing batch files or shell scripts, FTP commands, sending email, executing SQL and much more.
Oddjob is for Developers, Testers, Support Analysts, Administrators and anyone else that spends too much of their day on repetitive tasks.
Monitoring and Control
Oddjob Explorer allows the user to monitor and control a job any where on the network with an intuitive visual interface.
- Work with remote jobs as if they were on the desktop.
- See the state of your business processes at a glance.
- View job by job log events.
- Inspect and change the run-time properties of a job.
- Start and stop jobs manually.
- Web based monitoring and control.
- Oddjob Designer provides intuitive visual configuration.
- The underlying XML configuration is minimalistic and elegant.
- Link job properties with dynamic run-time configuration.
- Organise jobs into folders allowing easy navigation of enterprise wide business processes.
- Collect existing manual desktop processes together where they can be monitored and controlled remotely.
- Provide order to the files that tie business processes together.
Scheduling that goes beyond the usual regular interval type functionality of other schedulers.
- Schedule for holidays intelligently by moving the existing schedules instead of not executing them at all.
- Configure retries for when a scheduled job fails.
- Re-run only what's necessary in a sequence of time consuming jobs.
- Trigger alerts when a scheduled job fails.
- Schedule by time zone.
- Schedule for the last working day of the month.
Oddjob includes numerous tasks including:
- Execute shell commands and batch files.
- File/directory copy/move/delete.
- SQL execution.
- Email sending.
- SSH and SCP
In addition to the supplied jobs, Oddjob provides lots of additional functionality by supporting embedded Ant tasks.
- Trigger job sequences in response to events anywhere on the network.
- Execute jobs in parallel or sequentially or in any combination of the two.
- Execute job sequences based on the completion state of another job or job sequence.
- Cascade failure events upwards to trigger alerts.
- Cascade completion events upwards to trigger dependent jobs.
- Persist job states.
Schedule bespoke jobs without learning a new API.
- Jobs are plain old Java java.lang.Runnable or java.util.concurrent.Callable objects.
- Configuration is via the standard Java Bean properties of a job.