Version 1.5.0 (Due Spring 2015)
- Move to Java 1.8.
- Re do the web interface. Replace the current JSF implementation with a JSON web service and a Java Script client. Include Jetty so no separate deployment is necessary.
As Yet Unscheduled
- Convert documentation into DocBook so it can be available in PDF and as a single HTML.
- Use The idea of flavours introduced for services for the supported tags in Oddjob Designer. At the moment a date can be assigned to an XML field because they are both strings. There should be string flavours 'xml' and 'date'. This should probably also be incorporated into support for JSR330 Qualifiers.
- Improve all Oddjob's file jobs (copy, rename, delete etc.) and include filtering and selection as offered by Ant.
- Create a Web integration Oddball. Include the ability to download files and invoke Web Services from Oddjob.
- Look at persisting log messages as part of Oddjob's persistence framework so they can be retrieved by an archive-browser.
- Create an SSH Oddball including both shell and file transfer capabilities.
- Investigate Oddjob queue integration. A nice and easy way to distribute Oddjob work would be to have a central producer queue Oddjob configurations for distributed slave processes to consume and execute.
- Look at implementing something akin to Ant Macros in Oddjob.
- Look at incorporating Expression Language into Oddjob for attribute configuration.